13 September 2010

Freedom From Eye Floaters

I support freedom OF religion -- an important civil liberty.

Equally as important though, is freedom FROM religion.

I don't care if you worship eye floaters. I welcome the eye floaters house of worship anywhere the eye floaters covenant wishes to build it.

However, I don't want to hear any delusional drivel about eye floaters from anyone's pious pie-hole when discussing, determining, and implementing public policy, laws, or governance.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the Kool-Aid.
  ~Christopher Hitchens
My plea to humanity, and my hope for the burgeoning civilizations we leave for our children, is this:
For god's sake, if not your own, keep religious rituals, practices, and notions the fuck out of public policy decision-making.
You burn your candles and incense however you want to burn them and I'll burn mine.

Let it be so.

2 comments:

  1. Maia MacNealSeptember 13, 2010

    I think Zinky worships eye floaters. I like your topic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zinky DOES worship eye floaters, but he doesn't wear his religion on his paws.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.