31 July 2012

Mitt Gaffe-ney?

Corporations are people, my friend
Many find Presidential candidate Mitt Romney petulant and secretive about his personal income, but at least the US electorate has a compendium of public statements to gather insight into his character:
  • Corporations are people, my friend…of course they are. (August 2011)
  • I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. (January 2012)
  • I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. (January 2012)
  • He [President Obama] says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people. (June 2012)
  • Let Detroit Go Bankrupt (Romney's New York Times op-ed 2008)
  • I'll take a lot of credit for the fact that this [automotive] industry's come back. (May 2012)
  • You can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye - i.e., if GM, Ford and Chrysler got a government bailout (Romney's New York Times op-ed 2008)
  • I'll tell you what, ten-thousand bucks? $10,000 bet? (December 2011) - Romney's wager following disagreement with Rick Perry about health care.
  • I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed. (2011) --- speaking to unemployed people in Florida (Romney's net worth is over $200 million). 
  • [My wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs. (February 2012 in Michigan) 
  • I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love. (January 2012)
Mitt, the Presidential candidate, has become a fount of tone-deaf gaffes. Mr. Romney seems like an automaton with intractable bugs in his communication software.

If elected, Romney hopes to further the interests of the 1%. The rest of...he'd like to fire. Evidence from his campaign suggest he will gleefully abandon the interests of the other 99%.

Question to @MittRomney on Twitter:
If corporations are people, what kind of a parent would name their kid Lockheed or Northrup Grumman?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.