18 October 2011

Transient Pictographs

Is it a sail boat? Is it snow man?

I didn't see anyone executing this road-grime graffiti on my car, but I suspect my son drew these images before he left home for his last semester as an Architecture student.

When my children were young, one of their bedtime rituals was for me to draw on their backs with the tip of my index finger, then have them guess what object I had drawn. I often drew sailboats. And I often drew snowmen. Sometimes to spark a giggle fit, I would have the snowman captain the sailboat.

I first noticed these pictographs a few weeks ago. Yesterday I remembered to record them before the car was washed or a driving rain washed them away.

Love is transient and often reveals itself in unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.